- Your Government
- BOARDS & COMMITTEES
- Economic Development
Economic Development Commission
- 8:00 am - 9:15 am
- 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month
- Town Offices
81 Main Street
Downstairs Conference Room
Essex, VT 05452
- From a computer or mobile device, use the meeting link and choose the option for your web browser (Chrome recommended) or the Zoom app (download from Zoom). For general instructions on using Zoom, see this document.
- Call in with a phone to 1-888-788-0099 and use the Meeting ID 862 6325 0094# and the Passcode 544047.
- Public wifi is available at the Essex municipal offices, libraries, and at hotspots mapped by the VT Public Service Dept.
The public is always welcome. Please call ahead 802-878-1341 for special accommodations prior to the meeting.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Hard copies of agendas and meeting minutes are kept on file at the Town Offices, and may be reviewed upon request. To request any previous documents, please contact the Town Manager’s office at 802-878-1341.
Join Economic Development Commission Meeting via Zoom
Dial: +1 802-377-3784
Conference ID: 134 132 478#
About the Commission
The Economic Development Commission (EDC) is composed of five residents of Essex appointed by the Selectboard for three-year terms. In addition, the Essex Deputy Manager, the Essex Community Development Director and/or Planner, the Community Development Director of the Village of Essex Junction, and a representative of the Greater Burlington Industrial Corporation attend on a regular basis. The Economic Development Commission (EDC) is composed of five members appointed by the Selectboard for three-year terms.
The mission of the Commission is to serve as an advisory resource to relevant staff departments, town commissions and committees, and to the governing board(s) of the Essex Community concerning:
- An understanding of the state of the existing businesses community and its contribution to the vitality and future of Essex
- An appreciation for the impact of emerging issues, trends and state or municipal policies on both current and prospective business development
- The importance of nurturing proactive programs, policies and procedures that position Essex as a preferred municipality in the State of VT in which to “Do Business”
Jeff Benjamin, Vice Chair
Nick Fukuda, Clerk
Ta Tanisha Redditta
To contact members of the Economic Development Commission, please send your inquiry to:
Staff Representative to the Economic Development Commission
Jean O'Sullivan, Economic Development Coordinator
Mail or in person at the Town Offices, 81 Main St.