Clerk & Treasurer
We are currently CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC. Phone, mail, and email service only (available 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. M-F).
Marriage licenses - Complete application before coming to the office. Call from outside the office once you have arrived with the completed application.
Dog licenses - mail or email only
Liquor licenses - call or email Voter Registration - online at https://olvr.vermont.gov/ Fish & Game license - online
Taxes or Water & Sewer - by check (mail or dropbox) or online (button below)
Essential Vital Records or Land Records - phone, mail or email
Online public access to our Land Record Index
Notary services - not being offered at this time. Many banks will provide this service by appointment.
Cemetery - call or email firstname.lastname@example.org with cemetery questions
(Please see above for availability limitations during COVID-19 crisis)
- Issuing licenses for marriage, dog, fish and game, liquor and entertainment
- Notary services, no fee (note: we do not notarize real estate documents or anything to do with identity such as passports, I-9’s, etc. for liability reasons)
- Payment of taxes and water/sewer bills
- Recording and maintenance of all documents pertaining to land birth, death, and marriage records
- Recording of all land records for the Town of Essex and Village of Essex Junction
- Purchase certified copies of birth, death, marriage and land records
- Register to vote and vote absentee
- Maintain cemetery records
- To renew vehicle registrations please go the the State’s online renewal
Recording Fee Notice
Vermont recording fees will increase effective July 1, 2019. View the summary of changes (PDF).