The Public Works Department is responsible for the maintenance, planning, and design of the infrastructure (water, sewer, and roads) of the Town. Key staff members include the Director of Public Works, Town Engineer, Director of Stormwater Operations, and Highway Superintendent.
2022 Christmas Tree Pickup Results
The Town Public Works crew picked up a total of 798 Christmas trees this year. The effort took almost a full week with multiple trips around the Town to collect all the trees. The trees were chipped and then delivered to Lamell Lumber where they are used as fuel to dry wood products.
- 24-Hour Emergency Response to Town Infrastructure Related Problems
- Bridge Repair and Maintenance
- Construction Management and Inspection
- Engineering Planning and Design
- Environmental Monitoring of Closed Landfill
- Equipment Replacement and Repair
- Paved and Gravel Road Maintenance and Reconstruction
- Public Buildings Upkeep and Utilities
- Snow and Ice Removal on Roads and Designated Sidewalks
- Storm Drainage / Catch Basin Repair and Maintenance
- Street Lighting and Traffic Signals
- Street Sweeping and Gravel Road Dust Control
- Tree Conservation and Hazard Tree Removal
- Water and Sewer Operations and Maintenance
Information for Residents Regarding Dig Safe
If you are planning to begin home improvement projects on your property, Dig Safe must be contacted before any shovel goes into the ground. Please click here for more information on Dig Safe and how to safely do projects around your property this summer.