Rental Policies & Fees
Memorial Hall may be reserved year-round. The first reservation block of the day may start as early as 8 a.m. with the last reservation block of the day beginning at 7 p.m. Any reservation beyond these hours must receive permission from the Parks and Recreation Director.
- Individuals must be 18 years or older or must be sponsored by an individual 18 years or older who will be responsible for all aspects of the rental.
- Rental is for specified use and includes set-up and clean-up time.
- Use conditions: Any organization found to be destructive or leaving the building or equipment in improper condition after its use may be denied future use of the building. All organizations shall be responsible for any damage or breakage.*
- Gambling: Gambling of any kind is not permitted.
- Alcohol: Alcoholic beverages may not be sold, served, or consumed at Memorial Hall or on its property.
- Deposit Fee: A separate check, in the amount of $100 is required as a deposit fee. The deposit will be refunded if clean-up is satisfactory, no damage was done to the equipment or premises and the key is returned. The group will be billed for damage or extra clean-up by Town personnel and replacement of locks and keys.
- Decorations: All decorations to be placed on walls or ceiling must be approved by the Department and must be removed at the end of the activity.
- Reservations: Reservations must be paid for in advance. Performance series reservations may be requested to pay a deposit in advance.
- User Application must be completed by the applicant and approved by the Parks and Recreation Director and Public Works Director.
- The Parks and Recreation Director and the Public Works Director, representing the Town of Essex, reserve the right to deny any application for use which is inconsistent with Town policies and/or ordinances.
The Town of Essex, Village of Essex Junction Governmental Programs, Essex Town Supervisory District and Village School activities shall not be charged except for personnel when applicable. Use of equipment will be subject to replacement or damage fees.
Please be aware of and adhere to:
- Parking is prohibited on Towers Road, in the driveway across the street (it is a private residence), on the grass in front of or along either side of the building. Sufficient parking spaces are available, (7) in the Memorial Hall lot, (18) in the new Library lot, (16) in the Town Common and (64) in the Essex Elementary School lot, totaling 105 available spaces. Renter should place signs or individual at the intersections of Route 15 and 128 to direct the public to available parking spaces during performances.
- Seating capacity of Memorial Hall is 134.
- Please be sure the building is secure when leaving at the end of the day.
- All interior lights off-leave on exterior light over door
- Set thermostat on 62 degrees
- Bathrooms secure- water off, lights out
- Control room secure - lights off
- All trash and litter placed in proper receptacles
- Doors closed and locked
- Key returned to Parks and Recreation Department
Please call to arrange when you may pick up a key to Memorial Hall. Please return the key to us immediately after use.
See our Fees page for current Memorial Hall fees.